Friday, May 24, 2013

The Perfect Tee



I’ve been on a lifelong quest for the perfect tee.   I tend to gravitate towards a v-neck but don’t discriminate when it comes to the neckline so long as the fabric, cut, and quality are fabulous. There’s nothing worse than thinking you’ve found it, that elusive and perfect tee, only to wash it once, and have it turn to &*%$.  Kain, anyone??  I’m no stranger to the $100+ t-shirt and because I’m truly a jeans and a t-shirt girl I have no qualms spending that kind of $ on a tee. (I sit typing this at my super conservative office in, guess what? Jeans and a t-shirt!) I live in both closet staples and I dress them up and down depending on the occasion.



Here are a few of my current favs:

Office appropriate:






Weekend: (Cute w/ jeans but also works w/ yoga pants)




Pretty close to perfect:



Mine is chartreuse.


& Finally… drumroll…

The PERFECT tee by none other than James Perse:



Mine is in the palest of pale ice blues.  It’s to die for.  The sleeves are perfect in that they don’t hug your arm, the cut is perfect in the most flattering way.  The v-neck is low but not too low and the length is ideal to keep untucked or semi tucked.  The tiniest hint of sheerness but not quite "semi sheer".  I got mine in a JP size 4 (which apparently means I’m an 8x10) – I wear a size 4, size 26 jeans so keep that in mind if you think you’re are 1.  LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment