Monday, July 21, 2014

Product of the Year


Tom Ford Translucent Finishing Powder

I took a leap in ordering a powder (albeit a translucent one) online.  I did consult with a rep via telephone at the Tom Ford counter in Atlanta to aid in selecting my shade – “ivory fawn” first, and I have been amazed daily by how wonderful/magical/beautiful this powder is ever since it arrived last Friday.  Each particle of this super fine & light powder individually adheres to the skin creating a luxe blur that conceals imperfections and makes skin look soft and luminous.  It gives a matte finish but not a powdery one.  It sets foundation & seriously lasts all day.  I used it for my day time look yesterday with only concealer & my admittedly lately problem skin looked pretty damn good – even after an unusually tough barre class. 

I’m currently using a BB cream from YSL as my foundation (more on that later) and I love, love, love how super light and airy this combo is when worn together!  This Tom Ford product will now be with me at all times (seriously for life).  I’ll be relying on it heavily (really lightly) in Santa Barbara  for my BFF’s wedding this weekend (YAY!!!!!).  It is truly amazing! I’m using my own brush to apply it as I don’t think the one that comes with the compact is ideal for this type of powder.  You get over that the second you try this luxurious product.    
 
Go buy this.  Happy Monday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment