Thursday, April 16, 2015

LA Stories (II of III)

Violet Grey continued...

I don’t use eye cream, I am lazy and can’t be bothered.  I feel like since my primary moisturizer is La Mer, and that gets fairly close to my eye that it’s good enough but in reality, it’s not.  In reality, wrinkles are coming and I do not want to have to Botox that area like I do my forehead. 

Lip balm or lip cream I apply tirelessly, continuously and immediately at the first sign or hint of dryness.  I will go to my grave with fairly plump, minimally wrinkled, nicely colored lips even if I live to be 100.  They are always sealed and protected.

Enter, La Prairie’s Eye & Lip Perfection A Porter – this guy is whopper expensive but when you think about it as a two-in-one it’s a bit more tolerable. I regularly throw down $50-60 for lip balm by La Mer, Omorovicza, or By Terry so why not spend an additional $100 for a lip balm with eye cream attached to it. (An eye cream for $100 is actually middle of the road as far as price)  The idea is that every time I reach for the lip balm, I will smooth a bit of cream around my eye – yes, it’s meant for day too over your make up as a pick-me-up/brightener/moisturizer.


 


 

Finally I snapped up 2 Hourglass products that I am obsessed with already.  A primer and an eyebrow pencil.  The brow pencil is seriously the most amazing brow pencil ever, it is shaped perfectly, requires no sharpener & has a brush on one end.  The primer is gorgeous, has SPF 15 & feels exceptional on the skin.



No comments:

Post a Comment