Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Caviar and Volume – my morning routine!!



Now that I’m a mama and my morning routine involves preparing someone else for the day in addition to myself, my everyday look has become super simplified.  I have a “casual” but pretty conservative office.  I wear flats almost every day (my favs are the logo-less “Eddie” by Tory Burch), dark skinny or straight leg jeans, assorted button up shirts & blazers.  Laid back but still polished enough.   For my hair (ponytail – almost always) and for my makeup: foundation, minimal eye shadow, bronzer, mascara, and a swipe of lip gloss (clear) because I cannot stop kissing my son.  The makeup portion can easily be done in 5 minutes.  If I’m good on time I add finishing/setting powder and a spritz of facial mist.

Lately I’m loving Laura Mercier’s caviar eye stick in grey pearl.  It stays on perfectly without ever creasing.  If I want to amp it up I add some gray shadows from my favorite Cle de Peau palette.  You can also layer the eye sticks for a gorgeous, more dramatic look.  I curl my lashes and apply several coats of Trish’s “High Volume” mascara – I take the skinny little wand all the way down to the root of my lashes and wriggle it upwards.  It’s water proof and comes off your lashes in little tubes with soap and water and leaves no streaky mess.  Your lashes feel soft not stiff and look beautifully defined and voluminous.






No comments:

Post a Comment