Friday, September 27, 2013

In Heavy Rotation




My Gucci Soho messenger.  There aren’t words for how much I love this practical yet super chic, buttery soft bag that can be worn classically over the shoulder or cross-body – either way it’s super comfy and hangs just beautifully.  Gucci’s pebbled leather bags are so durable and I love the throwback raised double GG logo and the fun little tassel on the zipper.  2 inside pockets and minimal hardware make this perfect for a working Mom on the go.  God, “working mom” – it’s official, I’m old.  



I’m a plaid shirt addict.  When it comes to shirts, I’m kind of like a man in that I like a great t-shirt in black, white or gray or a button down shirt with jeans (though I pair mine with heels to go out, flats for work or casual).  You guys know my t-shirt staples.  My long time favorite flannel is from a local store called Imogene + Willie that gets major hype/press in all the major fashion mags.  I’m proud to say Nashville is its home.  I can’t wait to see what flannels in their fab Japanese cotton they have in store for this season.  Another favorite is Rails – gauzy, flimsy yet durable and the drape is spot on.  






My other uniform is a tank with a blazer or leather jacket on top (or the flannel) – the tank (though the under layer) is key to the whole look especially since I still have a slight post baby bulge.  Currently, I’m obsessed with these rib tanks from Enza Costa.  The material is gorgeous – fluid like silk drapey ribbed goodness – semi sheer but super flattering.  


One of the items on my must have list for Fall/Winter was a chunky fisherman knit sweater in a cream based color.  This is tough for me because I’m hot natured and I will sweat like a stuffed pig in most sweaters even on the coldest day.  I scored the most perfect one at my favorite store in Nashville (H. Audrey) earlier this week.  It’s comparable to this look from the same brand (Inhabit) and I’m dying for it to be cool enough to wear it.  Mine is a cotton/linen mix which is ideal for our usually mild winters in the south.




Speaking of H. Audrey, another major purchase was this Beck Sondergaard skull scarf.  It’s huge, the most ideal weight for all seasons and despite being patterned it matches everything I own.  Of course, one of my fav L.A. stores carries it too!  I bought this guy over a month ago and have already worn it multiple times.  





For shoes I rely on my Rag & Bone booties and my black or nude Jimmy Choo crocodile pumps.  

& that is my Fall fashion edit.  



No comments:

Post a Comment