Monday, April 28, 2014

The Look

I’m trying my best to emulate a certain look for Spring/Summer this year.  In essence I’m wanting a  bare lid, rimmed with smudgy black liner on the top and bottom, and glowy light skin.  This week I’m going to review the products I’ve purchased recently, my older tried and true products, and some little tips I’ve picked up along the way to help me achieve this fresh faced look. 

The key to this look is a) multiple “lotions and potions” to give my skin that light, dewy & fresh feeling b) a killer eyebase because I suddenly have oily lids  c) a fabulous black liner preferably water proof and easy to smudge d) a brow pencil for definition and finally e) a bronzer for depth.  *Optional - matte shadow for the lid crease or a wash of light shimmer shadow for day.

Let’s start with 2 new products that are helping me get the “glow” I’m striving to achieve.
 

By Terry Celluloarose CC Brightening CC Lumi-Serum

This is a luminescent, line blurring, imperfection camouflaging, skin plumping serum.  It’s non greasy and absorbs into the skin immediately.  This formula can be used under moisturizer, on top of moisturizer and likewise with your foundation.  A true multi tasker that’s non-drying and creates a gorgeous sheer wash over the skin leaving you with that lit-from-within ethereal look. 
 

Caudalie Beauty Elixir

This is hands down my best beauty discovery of the year.  This amazing and super refreshing spray instantly plumps, tightens, and invigorates your skin.  I spray it over and under my makeup.  Sprayed on top of your finished face it gives you that dewy polished fresh faced look we all crave.  Sprayed on naked skin it instantly wakes your complexion up & creates the perfect base for your normal makeup routine. 

I’ve found the older I get, the less makeup I like… however, while I consider myself to have pretty good skin, I’m just not one of those people who can cruise into the office completely bare faced with just a touch of blush or mascara.  (Bar Refaeli is my ultimate skin crush)  I need a bit of help getting that no makeup – makeup look, non-Israeli supermodel that I am!



 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment