Friday, August 29, 2014

Mad for Plaid, Etc.


I can’t stop buying plaid shirts.  I cannot wait to wear them for Fall with my favorite jeans and booties.  How cute would it be to pair a plaid button down with a leather pencil skirt?  My favorite plaid shirts are from Rails.  I like wearing them open with a simple tank underneath and/or statement necklaces or, just buttoned and half tucked with a great pair of heels.  See my shameless selfie below & a couple outfit inspiration pics from Pinterest. 

 
 

I also can’t stop buying jeans – what else is new?  Jeans are truly my weakness but, a perfect pair can bring so much happiness and simplify dressing more so than any other item in my closet.

I’m totally in love with the new premium vintage collection from Citizens of Humanity.  I have never really loved a pair of boyfriend-ish jeans until this pair came into my life.  I’ll admit a dropped crotch is not for everyone and there are limits to which shoes you can wear with these guys but, when styled right, they are ultra-comfy, flattering and fun - perfection.  You must take one size down from usual -- possibly 2 depending on the look you're going for.  The bourbon wash = my favorite denim wash ever.  You can wear these as higher waist jeans (thus eliminating the drop crotch effect) and they look similar to a pair of vintage 501s, button fly and all.  Or you can wear them low and slouchy emphasizing the drop crotch and giving you a slightly androgynous look depending on what top and shoes you pair them with. 
 

Testing out some new self- tanners after not one but two disasters with my old faithful, Jergens.  Stay tuned!  Hope you all have a safe & happy holiday weekend.  XO



 

No comments:

Post a Comment