Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Cali Cool


I was so lucky to have my BFF fly in from sunny LA last weekend to keep me & my son (her god son) company while my hubby was across the world on business.  We had a fabulous visit & I found myself multiple times over the weekend admiring her CA easy breezy style.  She managed to look super comfy yet super pulled together at all times.  Cheers, Poodle!!
I noticed this especially at Sunday brunch after a night of eating and drinking way too much when I found myself in too tight of a tank top and a schleppy pair of jeans with holes in the knees and ratty converse.  My cool companion was in an oversize linen blend button down, skinny ankle jeans and pretty flat sandals.  Was she fidgeting with her shirt bc we were bloated and hungover… absolutely not!  After she left Sunday night & my Mom asked me if I couldn't afford new jeans,  I realized I was lacking a few polished everyday items from my closet.  They are a) skinny jeans in a clean dark wash free of holes or distress - slim but comfortable enough for day or night b) an oversize cotton/linen blend blouse c) a linen blend oversize sweater.  I’m a lover of button ups but I usually gravitate towards more rugged alternative styles (Rails) that can definitely read a little grungy.  The Frank & Eileen button downs that I adore and have also blogged about are fitted and are super chic with jeans and heals but they’re also low cut in the front and pretty crisp. 
So, my debit card took a hit this week but I grabbed a few (all on sale) items to perfect & round out my carefully curated Fall wardrobe:
 


I ended up with J. Brand 811 skinny jeans in the "pure" wash, a couple Nili Lotan blouses, a cashmere/cotton blend tee from Billy Reid, and a loose sweater from 360 aka skull cashmere.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment