Friday, February 3, 2012

Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil (Shampoo)

Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil Shampoo

I know, it sounds odd to use an oil based shampoo but, my scalp has been so dry & irritated (prescription shampoo and cortisone providing no relief) that buying this was kind of a last ditch effort as I’m currently shedding scalp skin like a snake.  Hot, right?  More like hot mess.  My hair has also been lacking its usual gloss and luster.

The premise behind an oil based cleanser is, that oil removes oil.  This is true.  People with oily skin swear by oil based cleansers so I thought, why not?  Plus, I am a major supporter of all products Shu Uemura. 

The shampoo removes product build up but leaves good oils behind.  The result is 2nd day hair (you thick haired people get this reference) that is shiny, hydrated, and about 100 times more manageable. Obviously, this product is not for everybody.  I would say I have longer, thicker hair than 99.5% of the population and on a good week, I wash it twice.  The formula calms and balances the scalp and if your scalp is happy… it shows in your hair.  The formula lathers up luxuriously and smells amazing.  I realize $55 for shampoo is a little steep but it is SOOO worth it for anyone who has tresses or a sensitive scalp in need of some TLC.  Honestly, this provides immediate relief and gratification and creates a salon-worthy blowout in about ¼ of the time minus the tired arms and multiple brushes/tools.  This just made my day, month, year!



No comments:

Post a Comment