Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Armani Event @ Woo -- Nashville (3.10.12)

I had the pleasure of attending the Armani event at Woo (Nashville) a couple weekends ago.  (Sorry for the delayed post)  The experience was double the usual fun because Woo had a team of very skilled hair stylists from ELAN in store that had set up a braid bar too.  So, in less than 45 minutes, my hair & makeup were done, & I was ready for a night out on the town (i.e. dinner). My makeup artist was the super talented and very fun Alex Lucas of Giorgio Armani Atlanta.  We immediately clicked as it so happens ATL is my hometown.  Alex was fabulous and suggested we try a navy smoky eye with a fresh/flawless face.  Yes, it's possible with Armani's amazing foundations and concealers!! 

We used the “Smooth Silk pencil” in #3 and “Eyes to Kill shadow” in #4 .  The navy pencil is gorgeous, it is so soft and easy to apply, plus it has a great built in smudger.  I have been wearing it non-stop.  It is such a nice alternative to my traditional black or brown pencils.  We also used shadow #4 from the “Eyes to Kill” line which added a light midnight/charcoal shimmer to my lids.  I’m a HUGE fan of these shadows – this is my 3rd color and new favorite.  They do not crease, flake or migrate & they’re super easy to wipe off at the end of the day.  The finish is gorgeous & and there are so many colors to choose from.  Seriously, this is a day to night shadow – as in you can apply it before work at 8 a.m. and wear it to dinner at 8 p.m. – no touch up needed.  You can choose a natural champagne for a barely there look or a highly pigmented black for a rock & roll look.  

Such a fun experience at Woo as always!  Here is a pic of Alex and I during the process, a closeup of my braids/makeup and my Armani face sheet.  (Iphone pics - excuse my crazy eyes!)


Alex does great work and he is so friendly to chat with during the process.  If you’re near Saks or Neiman Marcus in Atlanta… I highly recommend seeing him.  Tell him I sent you!




No comments:

Post a Comment