Friday, March 23, 2012

Current Obsessions/Musings in Fashion…(my other passion)

I love Current/Elliott jeans.  I admit, they don’t work on all body types.  I like to cuff mine at the ankle sometimes, belt them sometimes, or wear them a little more low slung on the hips for a more boyfriend-ish type of fit/feel.  The washes are all amazing and they’re seriously the softest, most comfortable denim on the market right now.  I live in these.


I’m a huge fan of what I call “the $100 t-shirt” – I’ve found over many years that Planet Blue’s line "Blue Life" out of L.A. is by far the best in material, quality, fit & how well it holds up over time.  This is my new favorite, which I wear slightly off the shoulder with sleeves rolled and a black or nude lacy bra with pretty straps underneath.  I prefer this line to Alexander Wang, Helmut Lang, Nation and Elizabeth & James to name a few.  The fabric will not pull, pile, or ball EVER.  They’re soft, silky and the draping is beautiful.





I’m all about the classic & sleek pointy toe pump.  For me, it never went “out.”  I have a pair of Jimmy Choo nude pumps and a pair of black ones and I alternate them.  I’m almost 6 feet tall so a 5 inch heel is not really an option for me.  (Looking like a WNBA star/circus freak?  No, thank you.)  I love that these pumps have a 3 inch heel – the perfect amount of lift for me that is flattering and easy to walk in.  These are an investment for sure but they are so worth it and will last you forever.  Plus, they’re not only timeless but seasonless.



My clutch is Balenciaga, my necklace is Giles & Brother and my cuff is a purchase from St. John (as in the island not the brand).

Happy Friday!!

1 comment: