Monday, September 17, 2012

The pregnant girl’s guide to Fall style:


Because I refuse to buy maternity clothes and because 6.5 mos. into this crazy thing I’m still a pretty small preggo (thank you god!!!) I’m getting by on the following key pieces.  

My Equipment blouses are literally a life saver.  I used to wear an XS pre-preggo now I order a M.  Buy as many as you can afford (you will live in them) – they’re super silky, cover the tush, accommodate the bust and belly, & look ultra chic.  Plus, post pregnancy they’ll still work perfectly.   

For work I wear a lot of J.Crew’s “boy fit” collar shirts w/ jeans.  I’m truly SO lucky jeans fly in my office.  Instead of a size 2 or 4 I’m now buying an 8.  They are comfortable, polished and conservative. 

On to shoes… for dressy I’m living in Lanvin wedges, my Rag & Bone Newbury booties & a pair of logo/hardware free Tory Burch flats that feel like bedroom slippers for every day (Thx Bubby).  Make no mistake I will be in Uggs A LOT when it finally gets chilly here.  I do wear Superga tennis shoes too.

I’m still wearing jeans – but I’m up a size (some days two up) from my pre-preggo size of a 26.

For jeans… I love Rag & Bone – they fit me better pregnant than they did pre pregnancy.  I can still get into a 27 (on certain days my pre preg 26) but for work I wear a 28 because it buttons under the belly better when I’m behind my desk or running errands from 8:30-5:30 it’s just looser and more comfy.  The rise on their jeans is higher in the back and lower in the front plus the way the hips and back are cut makes room for my bigger hips and bottom (this is the worst part of pregnancy that nobody mentioned to me… widening hips… kill me!).  Mother jeans are also equally as fab because they’re essentially like wearing a cashmere legging while still providing enough to support to make you look slim.  LOVE!

When I’m not feeling jeans I go the route of LNA leggings.  I pair them with wedges or flats, and an enormous Equipment blouse with fun jewelry & a great handbag.  I did this look for date night with my hubby on Fri. & looked great (or so he swore).  And that ladies, is how it’s done.




















1 comment: