Monday, August 22, 2011

Chantecaille Kalimantan

Chantecaille Kalimantan Eau de Parfum

I know, I’m in a fragrance frenzy lately… I think it's because Fall is finally on the horizon. This is probably my all time favorite EVER but, I just cannot bring myself to spend $175 on a bottle of perfume.  I would so much rather drop that money on one of Helmut Lang’s sweaters/tops for Fall.  Maybe my husband’s reading my blog today because this would make a great birthday/anniversary/Valentine’s present… or Mom?? 

Anyway, on to the fragrance… this is definitely a strong scent – not overpowering but different and potent (obviously not in a bad way).  It has a Vetyver base (my fav) that is lightened by nutmeg and bergamot.  It also has a hint of sandalwood and musk.  I think it would definitely be classified as “woodsy” – Chantecaille calls it “alluring” & really you just cannot compete with that description.  So delicious!!  I use a spritz of my friend’s bottle whenever I’m at her house.  Tiny ones, Gin, I promise!!


I will say it comes in an enormous bottle (no smaller option) so you definitely are getting your money’s worth.  For now, my Narciso Rodriguez and Elie Saab will have to do.


1 comment: