Wednesday, August 31, 2011

A inexpensive exfoliating alternative

St. Ives Naturally Clear Apricot Scrub

This takes me back to my Summer camp days when my biggest worry in life was if my Mom was going to be mad that I shaved my legs during the 6 weeks I was on a mountain in West Virginia… memories… those were the days.

Anyhoo, not surprisingly, St. Ives is still around but sporting more modern packaging and amped up ingredients like Salicylic acid to help prevent breakouts and blackheads.  It still smells just as fab as I remember and really does a great job of gently exfoliating.  Honestly, I find this comparable to Kate Somerville’s Exfolikate (see my 7/19/11 post) – just for a whole lot less. The formula has 2% Salicylic acid – great for over the counter – but was definitely not drying.  I found it to be very nice overall.   I’m adding a link to the St. Ives website below.  I bought mine at Target for about $7.00

http://www.stives.com/Facial-Products/Naturally-Clear/Blemish-%28and%29-Blackhead-Control-Apricot-Scrub/

No comments:

Post a Comment