Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Gloss, of course!!! What else would we start with??!!

Sara Happ – the lip scrub “brown sugar”

In one word – incredible.  & almost edible.  A very dear friend gave me this cute little jar for Christmas and I’m now obsessed.  A light and luxurious balmy, grainy scrub that gently exfoliates lips.  Easily removes any skin buildup or flakes and instantly moisturizes and plumps lips, plus it smells and tastes delicious.  This is the perfect lip prep or primer before putting on one of this season’s vibrant lip hues.  I cannot wait to try Sara Happ’s other products (I hear her balm is killer too!).  This lip scrub is especially appealing to me lately as I’m starting to wear lipstick… which brings me to my next product.

Yves Saint Laurent  Rouge Pur Couture Lipstick

This is a creamy & highly pigmented formula that stays put for hours (seriously) without over-drying lips.  Use the Sara Happ lipscrub right before you put it on and… Hello Gorgeous!!  I’m a gloss girl but I’ve been trying to branch out.  I like #9 (rose stiletto) – a universally flattering natural pink & #8 (belle de rose) which is a deep ruby that looks high glam and is best with minimal eye makeup.  This formula also contains SPF which makes me love it even more!   These are perfect for stepping up your look just a bit and adding a punch of color.  Also on my hit-list by YSL…

Yves Saint Laurent Gloss Volupte

This is perfect for the work week.  All shades are sheer and universally flattering.  Full-proof easy application.  I have #1 (iced lychee) which is a peachy coral and #4 which is a plum (frosted plum) that reminds me of my younger days and Clinique’s “almost lipstick” in black honey – who didn’t wear that??  The tube is reminiscent of that Clinique formula as well.  It is long and slender and metallic (gold).  This comes in the convenience of a stick but slides on like a gloss and is ultra hydrating.  Completely non-sticky for breezy days/nights. A couture chapstick of sorts!

Ok, my last lip related review of the day…

Trish McEvoy Flawless lip color in Perfection

I’m a big fan of all Trish products you’ll come to find out.  This one is relatively new.  I love this because it looks and wears like lipstick but goes on like gloss.  The tube is one of those neat little click sticks that you twist to get a dose of product.  Perfection is a light natural pink that goes on soft & smooth.  I’m a blonde with light/medium skin and it matches my coloring perfectly.  It’s very light & fresh.  Perfect for Spring!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment