Friday, August 31, 2012

Eye Am Obsessed


Cle de Peau Silky Shadow in Bordeaux Amethyst (#116) – Limited Edition

I must give credit when credit is due – it was Emily Weiss of www.intothegloss.com that sparked my interest in this product.  Reading her vivid description of her encounter with this shadow backstage at the Rochas show in Paris during fashion week way back in March then, seeing it on a model on her site left me furiously flipping through my contacts to call the Cle de Peau counter here in Nashville! I’m a sucker for the old school application of shadow that is a semi sheer wash of color you lightly blend over the entire lid.  Seeing as how I’m without bottom liner or shadow about as much as Gwen Stefani is without a scarlet lip – I always use the sponge applicator or a stiff brush to dust a bit of shadow on my lower lid under the lashes as well.  This shadow is one of few that still looks neutral and modern when applied in that fashion.

The violet color of this shadow is so beautiful and has the most perfect hint of shimmer.  It takes all of about 5 seconds to apply and it truly is all you need.  It’s a limited edition and I think I’m about to order several more because I have a feeling it’s going to fly off the shelves.  I do recommend using an eye base to keep the color from creasing.  A tiny little bit looks soft and ethereal while a more heavy handed application gives you that sort of heroin chic/punk/edgy look.  I love both!  The models at Rochas went sans mascara while wearing this shadow but, I still chose to add mascara to my look!




http://www.neimanmarcus.com/p/Cle-de-Peau-Beaute-Limited-Edition-Satin-Eye-Color-Cle-de-Peau-Beaute/prod151170001___/?icid=&searchType=MAIN&rte=%252Fsearch.jsp%253FviewClick%253Dtrue%2526_requestid%253D23759%2526N%253D4294967081%252B4294965332%2526pageSize%253D160&eItemId=prod150910064&cmCat=search

No comments:

Post a Comment