Tuesday, April 26, 2011

More Charleston Reviews & a great promotional offer!!

Charleston, SC Store Review #2 & #3
I did not find either one of the stores mentioned in this post to be overwhelmingly gracious or even interested in an out-of-towner doing a review of their store or products but, I’ll give them an honorable mention – just because!  They’re both definitely worthy of a visit if you’re in the Charleston area.  Urban Nirvana is a shabby chic store conveniently located on James Island that had what I consider to be a great assortment of gifts – jewelry, Voluspa candles (these are some of my favs that come in gorgeous little tins), body balms and creams, a wide array of upscale SPF, etc.  I walked out of there with a darling body butter wrapped very nicely for a friend & a foot softening triplet by “Get Fresh.”  (review to follow shortly) They also have a very reasonably priced service menu including: massage, body wraps, facials, lash tint, brow tint, waxing, and assorted body scrubs.  I cannot vouch for these services as I didn’t have time to fit them in but, the individuals leaving the service rooms all seemed very pleased!!  Blue Mercury is another cute store located on the fabulous King St. in downtown Charleston.  It is what they call a “corporate” store – meaning it’s filled with all high end big name brands such as NARS, Trish, Laura Mercier & Chanel.  Rarely can you find Chanel in a free standing store!!  Here’s a link to their site: http://www.bluemercury.com/Whats-New.asp
Blue Mercury appears to be a great place to pop in for refills or products when you don’t want to deal with the hassle or distraction of a department store.  It is neatly organized and the staff seemed friendly and attentive.  I’m wishing I’d bought the NARS gloss in “Angelika” that I tried on while there.  It was a sheer hot pink & I’m sure I’ll break down and buy it this week somewhere in Nashville.  I’m really loving the neon and hot pink lip trend for Spring!!  Though I’ve yet to find my perfect shade…
**Blue Mercury is running a special right now (see link to website above) – with any $50 purchase, you get a free 10 pack of the Dr. Dennis Gross alpha beta glow pads I mentioned in my 4/21/11 post.  In stores and online!!  Hurry – only while supplies last!!

No comments:

Post a Comment