Friday, October 21, 2011

The Devil wears Prada (but not candy)

Prada Candy Parfum

This is Prada’s newest fragrance that launched in Aug. of  2011.  Ok, so honestly, this just didn’t do it for me – I’m still trying to figure out why it’s called “candy” as IMO there is nothing even remotely candy-ish about it.  To me it smells like spiced baby powder??  It supposedly has a caramel base with hints of vanilla and balsamic.  As one of my BFFs recently said “I’m not into scents/lotions that smell like food” – I guess I’m not either.  I’m almost at a loss for words over this one mostly because it is so far from the description that Prada offers about the scent. Allure named this the best “sweet” scent in their Oct. 2011 issue… I’m just not feeling it.  Here is a link to the product at Neiman Marcus but I’m not going to recommend it.




What I will recommend is splurging and buying yourself some Prada shoes (surprisingly easy to walk in)… like these that I scored on sale at the end of the season.  As Carrie Bradshaw would say “Hello Lover” – because you know I cannot give anything with the Prada name an entirely negative review.  Happy Friday!!


No comments:

Post a Comment