Monday, October 24, 2011

What a Shocker??!!

YSL Shocking Mascara in Sea Black

I was hoping to get this in traditional black but it was sold out or backordered everywhere when I was looking online so I went with “sea black” which is a black/light blue to try something different.  I posted my desire to try this out on 10/3/11 after Rachel Zoe advocated for the product on her blog.  I like it a lot (I think) but cannot say after a couple tries that I love it.  I feel like the black/blue shade is throwing me off because it’s not as dark as I would like – I do think it’s more natural and will be pretty for daytime events and my office.  The mascara is meant to add length and curl.  It didn’t clump at all and I liked the twisted shape of the wand but, I did not find the formula to be super lengthening or curling on me. The formula is nice and creamy though and it does give lashes a “wet” look which is fun.  I’m wondering if maybe I didn’t take enough time to coat and twist the wand on my lashes?  In any event, I do like it and would recommend it – it definitely wears well and didn’t migrate or feather even after 9+ hours.  Here is a link to the product at Sephora, where - go figure, all shades seem to be in stock:

http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P299013&om_mmc=esv103264-GG&om_kwpur=341544085&ppc_crid=7161412937&sbanner=us_search&esvcid=S1319210887_ADOGOE_AGI3733465_CRE7161412937_TID341544085_RFDd3d3Lmdvb2dsZS5jb20%3d

No comments:

Post a Comment