Tuesday, May 31, 2011

As Promised... A few of my favorite (cheap) things!!

Essie Nail Polish in "Cute As A Button" is the perfect light coral polish for Summer.  I’ve been searching high and low for a good pale coral and finally settled on this one.  I actually prefer Essie to OPI – I think it stays on better and find that their matte colors have a better finish. You can buy this color on Amazon for $4.00 – can’t beat that.  Mine came from the Cosmetic Market at the Hill Center but I paid closer to $8.  I typically buy my own polish so that I can touch-up chips myself.  Here is a link  to Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Essie-Button-Summer-Polish-Lacquer/dp/B002ADK0HS/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1306853051&sr=8-1-fkmr1


Nivea Sun Kissed Radiance – This is a great self tanner/lotion – it is truly error proof and doesn’t have that odd odor that so many self tanners do.  The formula is super light-weight in consistency which makes it very easy to apply evenly ensuring that it doesn’t streak at all.  I have found that the “light to medium” shade works perfect on my slightly tan skin without being the least bit orange or fake looking.  The formula supposedly “firms” as well…  I’ve not really noticed more firmness in my skin but honestly, I’ve not really been checking.  Bottom line: this is a perfect daily moisturizer and gradual self tanner.  I use it about every 2 days on my arms, legs and chest to maintain a nice hint of a glow and to disguise bruises and broken capillaries. You can find Nivea products at most grocery stores and pharmacies.

Zum Soap
I’m obsessed with this soap – which I buy in bulk at Whole Body/Whole Foods. My favorite scents are the Frankincense & Myrrh and the Orange Patchouli.  They lather up so nicely, are all natural, make your skin so smooth and hydrated & smell incredible.  You can buy Zum products on Amazon as well:
Keep reading!  I'll be doing almost all drugstore/inexpensive products for the next several weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment